Everyone needs a laugh here and there. It helps. Alot. I stumbled across Tim Minchin’s Honorary Doctorate Acceptance Speech.
It’s funny, helpful and … true. Here’s Tim’s take on doin life.
1. You Don’t Have to Have a Dream – Be micro-ambitious!
2. Don’t Seek Happiness – it is like an orgasm, if you think about it too much – it goes away.
3. It’s All Luck – You are lucky to be here! Your DNA won! Well done you!
4. Exercise! – Sorry Pasty Pale Philosophy Majors! You jog therefore you sleep.
5. Be Hard on Your Opinions – Opinions are like Arse#@!~s
6. Be a Teacher! – Just for your 20’s
7. Define Yourself by What You Love
8. Respect People Less Powerful Than You
9. Don’t Rush … Don’t Panic
Here it is …
While we are at it … here’s Tim’s Shadow, welded into a Beat Poem ~ “Storm”
He raises more questions than he answers but still … reminds me of someone I knew once, who lacked faith, in … I’d have to say – everything. So the moment passed and nothing changed. Transformation remained in the realm of the impossible, the sanitized mystery, that esoteric bleach that drains wonder and with it potential …
Still, I enjoy a trip to the dark side, like the best, I mean, the rest of us.