So now is a good time for the Spring Cleaning to begin, as it is … well Spring. Let’s keep it nice and warm up to it gently. There’s that Winter Coat to shed, you know where it is and what it took to create. The Liver wakes up a bit in Spring and drinking freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of warmish water in the water is a gentle way to wake the body up as we swing in to Summer.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon in Water
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a strong antibacterial agent.
- Lemon juice balances and maintains the pH levels in the body.
- Drinking Lemon Juice in warm water, in the morning, helps flush out toxins.
- Lemon Juice synergizes the body as it helps soothe the digestive system.
- Lemon Juice facilitates digestion by stimulating the production of bile.
- Lemon Juice tones and ‘wakes up’ the liver.
- Lemon Juice is a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Lemon Juice helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water reduces pain and inflammation in joints and knees by facilitating the dissolving of uric acid.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water helps cure the common cold.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water liquefies the bile and also helps regulate the excess flow of bile.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
- Lemon Juice can help relieve the problem of indigestion and excess gas.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
- Drinking Warm Lemon Juice in Water case of pregnant and lactating women, lemon juice will help build strong bones in a child, due to its calcium content.
- It helps dissolve gall bladder stones and other calcium build ups that are dangerous to the body.
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
- It aids in the reduction of phlegm (mucus) produced by the body.
- It has an alkalizing effect on the body.
- It helps control the speeding of unhealthy bacteria in the gut.
- Aids in the production of digestive juices.
- It helps purify the blood.
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
- It can treat a sore throat. Gargle with warm lemon water to help ease a sore throat.
More Reasons to Embrace Lemon in the Morning
There may be arguments in the health community about exactly how much water to drink each day, but we do know it’s important to stay hydrated. For those who find water boring, lemon has long been suggested as a tasty addition to help compel them to chug.
If you’re having trouble pooping, warm water and lemon might be just the thing to help you go. Taking in plenty of water is helpful for constipation in general, and the citrus can give some help to get things moving inside.
Of course, there’s no way to avoid morning breath, but drinking lemon water can combat the bacteria in the mouth, according to Conscious Connection magazine, and therefore, lessen the potential for bad breath. Be careful, though — lemons can also erode the enamel on your teeth, so it’s a good idea to rinse with plain water after your glass.
There are a variety of theories as to why lemon water might cause weight loss (including feeling more full from the pectin contained within). Though it hasn’t been definitively proven, we do like what Fox News had to say, which is that drinking lemon water will undoubtedly have fewer calories than drinking, well, anything else except for water.
Freshen Your Skin
Thanks to all the vitamin C within lemons, your skin reaps the benefits of you drinking the fruit as well. Vitamin C assists in the production of collagen, so having more in your diet can prevent wrinkles from forming. And of course, drinking lots of water is great for skin in general.
Stimulate The Immune System
There’s a reason you’re always drawn to oranges when you’re sick — once again, the power of vitamin C at play. Consuming the vitamin daily (via lemon water) can help keep you healthy and stave off infection, notes The World’s Healthiest Foods.
May Reduce Aches And Pains
Lemon water can help reduce uric acid in our joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation, especially as related to arthritis.
It’s a sad fact of our cold weather existence — phlegm happens, especially in the morning, but lemon juice can help.
Strengthens The Brain
Lemon may be known best for its vitamin C, but it also contains potassium, which helps with brain and nerve function. So for a quick natural way to feel more alert, lemon water is a great bet.
One thought on “Morning Lemon in Warm Water ~ Good!”
Wow, this is a great information! I never thought Lemon contain that much benefit to our health. Thank you very much for sharing!!!